Planned voyages of the HMLS Moonwalker
The journeys that I have most immediately planned are:
* Brisbane to Sydney, no date set but probably end of August. Leave Brisbane on a saturday afternoon and expect to hit Sydney the following Wednesday. Sailing down the coast is pretty easy, head offshore to hit the current and follow it down.
* Sydney to Brisbane, in time to arrive for November Crown in Toowoomba. That will be the first or 2nd weekend in November, I haven't heard an official date yet. So we leave Sydney the weekend before, or given that we have prevailing nor-westerlies at that time of year and they can be very light, the Thursday or Friday before that to give us an extra day or two. This can be a bumpier ride than the trip down -- sailing against the current and most probably against the winds.
* After crown I'm taking the boat up to the Whitsundays. Not sure about crew for that.
* Whitsundays to Sydney, end of November.
* Sydney to Lyttelton, in time for Canterbury Faire. Giving ourselves 14 - 16 days for the trip across, which we won't need all of but it would be nice to stop at Lord Howe Island or Middleton Reef for a day or so on the way over.
* Lyttelton to Sydney, return journey, depart mid Feb, stop at an island or a reef along the way and probably go via Wellington to party with Alastair and Robyn.
Once I have actual departure dates for any of the above trips I'll post them here. Either post here if you are interested or let me know via email.